Monday, November 5, 2012

For My Rughooking Friends and Interested Followers

Bahamian Sea Life earlier in the trip.


I added a blog addition just for my rug hooking friends and those interested parties.  I thought you might like to see the progress of my “Bahamian Sea Life” rug.  I really have done quite a bit once we hit Georgia, because the waterway is pretty much the same thing through Georgia- lots of marsh grass.  Luckily the slightly cooler temps have kept the no-see-ums away so I don’t have to swat while hooking. 

It is quite difficult to get a picture of the whole rug because of it being so long and narrow.  I have taken pictures of the individual blocks so you can see them better.

Coral flowing in the current.






Background wool dyed by Patti Stone
Patti, the wool you sent looks great, and I had just enough to add into the small fish picture too.


Changed my original fish to this one.

This one was a real challenge.  You had to use one strand of thread for the burgundy stripes.

I added to the original design which was good or I might have been short of background wool.

My last block that needs to be done!
Conch Shells with background wool dyed by Marion Sachs.
 The turquoise you gave me Marion really sets the conch off!  Thanks.
Pen Shell
This background was extremely close.  I had about 1/2 inch left of background wool!


The yellow background was just what this fish needed.
Left side of the rug.

Right side of the rug.
One more block to go and then the borders.  I am getting there slowly but surely!

No comments: